Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What you'll do
The Senior Learning and Development Specialist role is responsible for developing the L&D strategy and implementing an L&D roadmap that prioritises and embeds the critical skills and capabilities needed to enable the business to achieve its objectives. This role involves managing L&D support resources and collaborating with the leadership team to foster a growth mindset and coaching culture. It also promotes a positive work environment, top performance, collaboration, accountability, high morale, and compliance.
The Senior Learning and Development Specialist role assists in creating and delivering tailored leadership development initiatives, providing excellent experiences for both employees and candidates.
Your Key Responsibilities:
L&D Strategy and Leadership Development:
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop an L&D strategy and roadmap aligned with business objectives.
- Conduct capability assessments across the organization to identify areas of improvement.
- Support leaders in creating comprehensive training and development plans.
- Lead strategic initiatives to enhance staff experience, growth, and retention.
- Transform leadership development to equip leaders for change and new workplace contexts.
Training and Development:
- Deploy various training methods to deliver the L&D roadmap, evaluate effectiveness, and report on ROI. Ensure we provide excellent experiences for both employees and candidates.
- Introduce the use of digital learning tools and platforms to create flexible and innovative learning programs.
- Provide ongoing development opportunities aligned with the organization’s plans.
- Tailor training programs as necessary and stay updated on training trends and best practices.
Leadership and Resource Management:
- Manage the training budget and implement tools to scale our learning program.
- Collaborate and manage relationships with external providers, consultants, and internal experts to build bespoke programs.
- Partner with people managers to deliver roadmap initiatives and business activities
What you'll bring
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- An agile and analytical mindset with a proven track record in leading and supporting organisational change projects.
- Experience in working with senior leaders, managing expectations, and comfortable in crafting learning strategies for a rapidly-growing business.
- Expertise in consulting and facilitating with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to diagnose capability gaps, design, and facilitate innovative solutions.
- Significant experience in a Learning and Development role, with a track record of defining learning strategy with measurable outcomes.
- Coaching certification or experience in psychometric assessments is desirable.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other learning tools is essential.
- Strong experience in working directly with stakeholders to design and deliver programmes and interventions to meet business needs.
- Experience with distributed, international teams.
- Experience in outsourcing learning needs and collaborating with external providers.
- Business proficiency in English.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.