Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
Are you ready to push technology into the future as a Software Engineer with The Workshop? We're always interested in meeting skilled, versatile and collaborative candidates with excellent design and problem-solving skills. If you have expertise in high-performance applications and you're ready to tackle challenges across the full stack, we want to hear from you.
What you'll do
- In this role, you'll be designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and enhancing software solutions.
- You'll work closely with quality, security and product specialists to make sure our software design, delivery and quality is unbeatable.
- You'll work in a team of engineers and product owners, using agile methodologies to get the job done.
- You'll design and develop software, deploy it in production and provide operational support.
- You’ll be responsible for coding from the ground up, collaborating in an inclusive, international environment.
- We promote an end-to-end DevOps philosophy across the entire SDLC.
- You'll follow best practices in as aspects of the SDLC: Design, coding, testing, operational procedures, monitoring, etc.
- You'll give and receive constructive feedback via code reviews, etc.
- You'll contribute to an environment of continuous improvement, suggesting and implementing enhancements to optimize the SDLC.
What you'll bring
- An interest in growth, knowledge-sharing and moving fearlessly forward.
- Demonstrable back-end skills (e.g. multithreading, OOP) and/or strong front-end skills. You don't need to be proficient in both, but should be willing to learn and work in a T-shaped role.
- Expertise in crafting, creating, evaluating, rolling out, fortifying, maintaining and evolving software solutions.
- Understanding of data modelling, architecture and how other systems work.
- An agile approach to development and a good understanding of lean and agile methodologies.
- CI/CD approach to work and understanding of CI/CD tools.
- A collaborative, respectful attitude and good communication with different stakeholders.
- Curiosity to learn new languages/frameworks, willingness to experiment and try out new technologies.
- A pursuit of quality through design, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive unit and integration tests.
What you'll work with
Programming Languages: Java, Typescript
Framework: Spring Boot, Cloud
Web Development: Angular, React
Deployment: Docker, Kubernetes, ArgoCD
Testing: JUnit, Jasmine, Cypress, Pact
Data: SQL databases, Apache Cassandra, Elasticsearch
Monitoring: Grafana, Prometheus, Elastic APM
Messaging: RabbitMQ, Kafka
Developer tools like Backstage
Other technologies: Quarkus, Kotlin, Python, NodeJS
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid remote working model
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customizable benefits package
- Flexible working hours
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive, and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning, and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons, and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing