Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
This role will establish and consolidate plans and keep track of key milestones, taking viewpoints from all groups into consideration and providing consistency over the whole product vertical portfolio delivery. You will also support the end-to-end delivery of key programs or complex projects.
You will collaborate with Product and Engineering leadership and will ensure that stakeholders at all levels of the organization (up to the CEO) have the information they need for informed decision-making. You will provide visibility of product verticals portfolio delivery, including programs and projects statuses through consolidated and individual reports tailored to their audiences, so we do expect you to have superb communications skills and fluent English.
You will have to get up to speed and pick up things very quickly and must be comfortable managing a portfolio of concurrent large programs or complex projects in a truly agile work environment with limited supervision. You will report to the Head of The Hub, an efficient, collaborative, and diverse Project and Programme management function that creates genuine value for the business and supports the delivery of key objectives.
What you'll do
- Support product verticals delivery ensuring appropriate governance for strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and other project and programme managers to support product verticals portfolio management and prioritization, tracking and managing dependencies and capacity constraints, and facilitating mitigation and responsive actions towards portfolio plan deviations.
- Supervise product verticals portfolio change management, managing the impacts on agreed portfolio objectives, ensuring highest priorities delivery and bi-directional traceability on portfolio changes (top-down and bottom-up).
- Drive the progress of critical and strategic large programmes and complex projects towards key business objectives, utilizing multiple techniques to plan, own and deliver the end-to-end programme and project plans, milestones and timelines.
- Plan for and proactively disseminate upwards and outwards communication and regular project status reports to stakeholders.
- Develop influential relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers/partners at the senior management level, and facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
- Help to create a vision for success and unite cross-functional teams so that everyone is on the same page, facilitating collaboration and encouraging effective communication and horizontal teamwork towards a common goal.
- Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to lead large programmes of work, capture and manage risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, and decisions in an organized, structured and coherent manner.
- Present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues, mentoring others, helping the team to grow their skills.
- Promote program and project management best practices and identify opportunities to improve work processes and efficiency, not settling or satisfying with the status quo.
- Big picture thinking, demonstrated ownership and accountability for the individual and team outcomes, including PjM’s reporting into the PGM for the duration of a programme.
- Think ahead and bring solutions for future problems.
What you'll bring
- Personable character and exceptional communicator – ability to communicate at the highest level (Written, Spoken and Presentation), provide empathetic feedback, challenge, and influence others.
- Proven experience in successfully managing and leading projects and programs in software development environments
- Very strong stakeholder management skills. Credible and persuasive, with collaborative and influencing skills.
- A high degree of proficiency in iterative development, understanding of Agile principles.
- Highly organized and good at getting things done in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- Proven ability to proactively manage time effectively when handling multiple simultaneous projects, to switch context and be adaptable to change.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and in a team setting.
- Tech-savvy in using management software tools (e.g. Atlassian suite, MS Project, MS Visio, etc).
- Ideally degree educated in a subject such as IT, Computer Science, Business etc.
- Desirable Professional PM Qualification (e.g. PMP, Prince 2, Agile Scrum Master, etc).
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing