Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
Your main objective will be to take ownership to successfully deliver strategically important projects, from the project kick-off to the closure, supporting teams to establish plans and keep track of project milestones, taking viewpoints from all groups into consideration, and providing consistency over the whole project lifecycle.
You will act as the main point of contact and will ensure that stakeholders at all levels of the organisation (up to the CEO) have the information they need for informed decision-making. You will provide visibility of project statuses through consolidated and individual projects reports tailored to their audiences, so we do expect you to have superb communications skills and fluent English.
You will have to get up to speed and pick up things very quickly, and must be comfortable managing a portfolio of concurrent projects in a truly agile work environment with limited supervision. You will report to Enterprise Portfolio Management, an efficient, collaborative and diverse Portfolio, Project and Programme management function that creates genuine value for the business and supports the delivery of key objectives.
What you'll do
- Drive the progress of critical and strategic projects towards key business objectives.
- Own and manage end to end project plans, milestones and timelines.
- Plan for and proactively disseminate upwards and outwards communication and regular project status reports to stakeholders.
- Help to create a vision for success and unite cross-functional teams so that everyone is on the same page, facilitating collaboration and encouraging effective communication and horizontal teamwork towards a common goal.
- Capture and manage risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, and decisions in an organised, structured, and coherent manner.
- Work with key stakeholders and other project and programme managers to establish overall plans and actively manage cross project dependencies.
- Build appropriate and effective relationships and facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
- Present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues, mentoring others, helping the team to grow their skills.
- Promote project management best practices and identify opportunities to improve work processes and efficiency, not settling or satisfying with the status quo.
- Think ahead and bring solutions for future problems.
What you'll bring
- Personable character and exceptional communicator – ability to communicate at the highest level (Written, Spoken and Presentation), provide empathetic feedback, challenge and influence others.
- Proven experience in successfully managing and leading projects and programmes in software development environments.
- Very strong stakeholder management skills. Credible and persuasive, with collaborative and influencing skills.
- A high degree of proficiency in iterative development, understanding of Agile principles.
- Highly organised and good at getting things done in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- Proven ability to proactively manage time effectively when handling multiple simultaneous projects, to switch context and be adaptable to change.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and in a team setting.
- Tech-savvy in using management software tools (e.g. Atlassian suite, MS Project, MS Visio, etc).
- Ideally degree educated in a subject such as IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business etc.
- Desirable knowledge in ITIL, Professional PM Qualification (e.g. PMP, Prince 2, Agile Scrum Master, etc).
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech.
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package.
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in Malaga, Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices.
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages).
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities.
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons.
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.