Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Within The Workshop, Core Tech is the supporting function that works closely with Engineering and Operations teams and to participate in the decision making process for defining the future of the company. From DevOps to Architecture and Engineering Security, they help in driving the projects to the next level, ensuring that the requirements meet the expectations adding value to the process.
The DevOps group team
The DevOps group is made of three different teams, among which Database Engineering is, whose mission is to drive improvements, whether they relate to boosting enjoyment of the software or the efficiency of our systems. Working for the teams who make and deliver our software, you’ll make sure everything we do is effective across development and production environments.
As a team of specialists, we provide the tools and time for learning as well as a personal training budget.
What you'll do
- As a MySQL Engineer, you will administer our database platforms to ensure they remain online, secure, right-sized and have appropriate HADR solutions.
- You will support our development lifecycle through feasibility, design and delivery to ensure the solutions we provide are automated, robust, scalable, maintainable and secure.
- You will promote and collaborate in the creation of solutions to drive automation, environment consistency, continuous delivery with an "everything as code" mentality.
- When appropriate you will lead on complex database tasks such as Information Lifecycle Management, very large table modifications, advanced query tuning and data-migrations
- Use your training budget and work time to keep up to date, and sometimes drive industry data platform trends and technology adoption.
- Collaborate with colleagues, application development teams, and with business stakeholders.
- Cross train peers in database development and administration. They will do the same for you.
- Provide out of hours production support as part of a 24/7 rota.
What you'll bring
- 3+ years experience supporting MySQL in a business critical Production Environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of MySQL database architecture, data modeling, and performance tuning.
- Proficiency in MySQL administration, including installation, configuration, patching and troubleshooting.
- Experience with database monitoring tools and performance optimisation techniques
- Experience with configuration management tools such us Puppet or Ansible (nice to have)
What's in it for you?
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment. We are made up of over 35 nationalities and speak almost 30 languages.
- An attractive salary, a self-managed learning budget and personal growth opportunities.
- A range of events throughout the year, including Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons.
- Gym membership discount.
- Private Medical and Life Insurance
- A sabbatical program, which offers the opportunity to take one period of six weeks (30 working days) paid leave every for 4 years of service at The Workshop.
- 23 days of annual leave for employees in Spain and 25 days for employees in UK
- Paternity, Maternity and Adoption leave
- 3 days paid leave for approved volunteering activities per calendar year
- Up to 4 weeks to Work from Anywhere for eligible employees (some restrictions apply)
- and much more...
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you.